Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Life Through Your Firestone Credit Card

I'm confused by this photo, though duly impressed. Does this mean there are 'hot boys' inside? Or is this chrome limo advising all 'hot boys' [ or even luke warm ones ] to climb in and take advantage of the air conditioning?

Chrysler Hot Boys Pt Cruiser Limo Backward Side View

I can't even begin to know what this means, being so far out of the loop. The Extreme Money Bunny is not a frequent visitor here and as a result I am often ignorant of how to best spend my money. Are people demanding on a routine basis that their cars spell things out in chrome now? A brave new world with such people in it... what do such folks want their cars to say, anyway?
I am just happy to have my much humbler [ ancient] PT out of the shop, with a shiny new fan unit, guaranteed to actually cool the engine off - as God intended - by shutting itself on and off, thanks to a new thermostat. Last week the sound of frantic coolant trying to re-enter the reservoir sounded like hailstones pounding my hood in. I was a mere 55 miles from home and managed to take it all in stride, though it sounded a bit like the Four Horsemen rounding the corner, to me anyway.


My car is not glamorous. Bits of the blue are dinged by callous people in parking lots who slam their car doors into the nearest vehicle, cackling into their cell phone. Thanks to a gravel truck, it also has a cracked windshield.
Look at the showroom beauty pictured above and imagine some chewed -up bits of walnut hull, [ squirrels sit in the maple tree out front and spit at my car during appalling rodent contests, apparently.] a bit of brake dust on the passenger side hub and a dingy Union Jack sticker on the back rear window.


From the time I drove it off the Chrysler lot [ with 12 miles on the odometer] it has used more oil than a Sherman Tank. After all these years, I don't question. I just top it off on a regular basis. If I continue the synthetic oil, maybe [ I am told by helpful males close to the project] I can get another 100,000 miles. I've loved this car and will drive it until large hunks of it fall off in the driveway, but...next time...I loves me the Toyota pickup truck , in some festive, pearly, irridescent colour -sort of like looking into a puddle at the gas station.

No comments:

Post a Comment