Monday, June 22, 2009

The globally celebrated Jinksie Spub...

Jinxie Walden...has 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' this weekend. I didn't expect so much emotional, almost physical pain to emanate from the demise of one large boned, rather portly blue eyed cat...folks from Costa Rica to the British Isles have sent loving messages and this has chisled the sharp edges off the hurt considerably. Thank you all.
The Spub was a shambler, a living room skateboard champion and cold winter day companion. He was my biggest fan and daily confidant...always purring, always happy to see me -a commodity which is in short supply some days. He thought I was wonderful and always came bounding down the stairs at the turn of a key in the front door. And somehow, just staying alive myself this weekend has seemed a tough business.
But I'm almost through to Monday, now. The Spub lies in his new resting place under the Mimosa tree out back. No more pain, no more fleas. Just blue skies.


No comments:

Post a Comment